"Spam Mu(subie)". A throwback drawing of mine I cleaned up.
No. 168 “The Unarmed”
Rest In Peace…
to Michael Brown, John Crawford, Eric Garner, Trayvon Martin, Renisha McBride, Oscar Grant, Sean Bell And the countless other lives that have been taken away from this world due to prejudice.
And an honor to the many people in Ferguson standing up, fighting, hoping that some kind of justice can be had in the midst of chaos.
At last, a new Revolutionary Times comic has arrived.
And not a moment too soon. A little levity in these serious times is what we needed. Thank you, gentlemen.
— Cowboy Bebop (via larmoyante)
- 2 Sambazon acai purée packs
- 1 cup kale*
- 1/2 cup acai berry juice blend
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mixed berry blend (I use a mix of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
- 1 cup chopped bananas
*steam kale first, then cool or freeze until ready for use (raw kale can disrupt thyroid hormone production)
I don’t usually have time to make breakfast in the morning, so this recipe yields two 16oz servings—one to eat right away and one for the next morning.
Cut the recipe in half if desired.
To avoid getting leafy greens stuck in your teeth, it’s better to first blend the kale and berry juice together on the lowest setting for around 15-20 seconds.
Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
When finished blending it should look like this! A whirl in your smoothie means a perfect consistency.
If the smoothie is too thick, add more liquid.
If it’s too thin, add more bananas. Bananas contain less juice and have a subtle flavor that will not overpower the acai or berry blend.
- Top the smoothie with coconut flakes, fresh fruit, and granola for extra flavor and texture that will help fill you up
- Add 2 tbsp unflavored whey protein for an extra boost
Why you should be eating acai
- Helps lower blood cholesterol levels
- The antioxidants in acai help promote skin health
- Boosts the immune system
- Increases energy level and stamina
- Acai is a food source of iron, calcium, fiber, and vitamin A
- Contains anti inflammatory properties
- Promotes digestive health
- Absorbs free radicals and has powerful detoxification properties
I made a new blog!
I’m going to post my art projects, diy stuff, and recipes I enjoy c:
The message was in a bottle. Thrown in a sea of booze.
You speak the truest through a glass.
Alas the looking glass.
A reflection in which you drown in sober thoughts that have passed.
A past that looks nostalgic.
Cognac toned hues.
A message in a bottle was the last resort to say goodbye.
Farewell to faint cries
and truthful lies.
A part of yourself bottled up in disguise.
A part of your drunken self drowned in despise.
here’s just a fun remix/re-edit i did of “Beatin The Breaks” by Magic In Threes. peace to Marsellus Wallace for putting me onto this record.